In case the LLP wants to close down its business or where it is not carrying on any business operations for the period of one year or more, , it can make an application to the Registrar for removing the name of the LLP from its register of LLP’s with the consent of all partners of the LLP.
An application is required to be made in e-Form 24 to the Registrar of Companies for Striking off the name of the LLP of LLP Rules with following below mentioned documents:
- A statement of account disclosing nil assets and nil liabilities, certified by a Chartered Accountant in practice made up to a date not earlier than thirty days of the date of filing of Form 24.
- Copy of acknowledgement of latest Income tax return- Self Explanatory
- An affidavit signed by the designated partners, either jointly or severally, to the effect,—
- That the Limited Liability Partnership has not commenced business or where it commenced business, it ceased to carry on such business from ………….(dd/mm/yyyy);
- That the limited liability partnership has no liabilities and indemnifying any liability that may arise even after striking off its name from the Register;
- That the Limited Liability Partnership has not opened any Bank Account and where it had opened, the said bank account has since been closed together with certificate(s) or statement from the respective bank demonstrating closure of Bank Account;
- That the Limited Liability Partnership has not filed any Income-tax return where it has not carried on any business since its incorporation, if applicable.
- Copy of Detailed Application- Mention full details of LLP plus reasons for closure
- Copy of Authority to Make the Application- Duly signed by all the Partners.
The date of cessation of commercial operation is the date from which the Limited Liability Partnership ceased to carry on its revenue generating business and the transactions such as receipt of money from debtors or payment of money to creditors, subsequent to such cessation will not form part of revenue generating business