The name of a limited company can be changed at anytime with the approval of the shareholders and registrar of companies. The change of name of a limited company has no impact on its legal entity or its existence as a corporate entity. The change of name of a company will not create a new company or new entity. Therefore, the change of company name shall NOT:
- Affect any rights or obligations of the company
- Not affect any legal proceedings by or against the company.
- Not affect any Tax liability of the company.
- Not affect any shareholding.
COMPANY NAME CHANGE PROCESS
- Conducting a board meeting for discussing the need to change of name.
- File application to ROC.
- Obtaining approval from ROC.
- Conducting general meeting for the approval of proposed name.
- File necessary documents to ROC for registration of name.
- ROC shall issue a fresh Certificate of Incorporation.
- Prepare minutes of meeting of Board and General meeting.