Goods and Services tax (GST), which is often known as a historic reform, is now around the corner
By on 13-11-2018
Goods and Services tax (GST), which is often known as a historic reform, is now around the corner. After president Pranab Mukherjee gave his assent on September 8, 2016, the Government is firing on all cylinders to implement GST by April 1, 2017. However, the implementation will be little early for the existing tax payers. The existing taxpayers will have to enroll themselves under the GST database by the end of this month. Procedure for registration of GST is as follows:
STEP 1- VERIFY PRELIM DETAILS:
This step deals with creating a login account on the GST website to initiate the registration process. A person has to submit the email, mobile number and PAN on the GSTN portal. The PAN shall be verified automatically online.
The mobile number and email shall be verified through a One Time password validation system. These details are to be filed in form PART 1 of GST REG-01.
STEP 2- SUBMIT APPLICATION FORM:
Once your basic details are verified, one has to fulfil the registration form and complete all the related formalities like uploading documents. Documents required for GST registration are as follows:
- Constitution of taxpayer (Partnership deed, COI, etc.)
- Proof of principle place of business (electricity bill, NOC, rent agreement)
- Bank Account details
The application if submitted online through FORM GST REG – 02.
STEP 3- VERIFICATION BY GST OFFICER:
Once the application is filled and submitted, then it shall be forwarded to the proper officer who will then examine the application and the documents attached. If everything is found to be in order, then GST registration will be granted within 3 working days. If any deficiency is found in the application, then it shall be communicated to the applicant within 3 working days in FORM GST REG-03. After getting the deficiencies, applicant will have to respond within 7 working days through FORM GST REG-04.
STEP 4 – NO ACTION WITHIN 3 WORKING DAYS:
If the officer does not respond to you either with deficiencies or approval then the application for grant of registration shall be deemed to have been approved.
STEP 5 – REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE:
When the application is approved by the officer, then a certificate of registration in FORM GST REG-06 shall be issued through a common portal. The applicant can easily download the registration certificate from the common portal using their log in id passwords.
STEP 6 – SEPARATE REGISTRATION FOR EACH BRANCH:
If you have different branches in different states, then separate registration needs to be applied for each state.
A registered taxable person eligible to obtain a separate registration for business verticals may file separate application in FORM GST REG-1 in respect of each such vertical.
- DIGITAL SIGNATURE IN FIVE MINUTES
- DIGITAL SIGNATURE FROM IDEOS STARTUP SERVICES LLP
- DIGITAL MARKETING PORTAL MAHILA E-HAAT LAUNCHED FOR WOMEN ENTREPRENEUR
- LLP ANNUAL FILING
- FORM DIR-3 KYC MANDATORY FOR ALL DIRECTORS WHO HAVE BEEN ALLOTTED DIRECTOR IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (DIN)
- AUDITING IN INDIA
- ANNUAL FILING OF COMPANIES
- DIGITAL INDIA TO TRANSFORM THE WAY INDIA WILL LIVE
- FAQ ON REAL ESTATE (REGULATION AND DEVELOPMENT) ACT, 2016
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS FOR STARTUPS
- GST RETURNS FILING REQUIREMENTS FOR REGULAR TAXPAYERS
- MAJOR AMENDMENTS IN INCOME TAX APPLICABLE FOR ASSESSMENT YEAR2018-19:
- PROVISIONS RELATING TO PAYMENT OF ADVANCE TAX
- REQUIREMENT FOR OBTAINING PAN CARD U/S 139A OF IT ACT, 1961 EASED FOR CORPORATE ASSESSEES
- SALES TAX REGISTRATION