Startups from the world over will now be able to register patents in India faster and at much lower costs under a 'tatkal (instant)' option offered under the latest amended patent rules.
By on 13-11-2018
GOVERNMENT BRINGS CHEAPER & QUICKER PATENT REGISTRATIONS FOR STARTUPS IN INDIA
Startups from the world over will now be able to register patents in India faster and at much lower costs under a 'tatkal (instant)' option offered under the latest amended patent rules. These benefits will also be available to entities that file their first application in India.
Currently, after an application for a patent is filed, a separate request for examination has to be submitted. It takes an average five-seven years for a patent to be examined after this request is made.
India has introduced expedited services for patent registration and also included the definition of 'startup' in the patent rules to pass on special benefits. The amended rules seek to cut the time period for grant of patents from five-seven years to two and a half years immediately and one and a half years by March 2018. The amended patent filings also encourage faster registrations, under which application fee for individuals and startups is INR 8,000 while for companies it is about INR 60,000.
- DIGITAL SIGNATURE IN FIVE MINUTES
- DIGITAL SIGNATURE FROM IDEOS STARTUP SERVICES LLP
- DIGITAL MARKETING PORTAL MAHILA E-HAAT LAUNCHED FOR WOMEN ENTREPRENEUR
- LLP ANNUAL FILING
- FORM DIR-3 KYC MANDATORY FOR ALL DIRECTORS WHO HAVE BEEN ALLOTTED DIRECTOR IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (DIN)
- AUDITING IN INDIA
- ANNUAL FILING OF COMPANIES
- DIGITAL INDIA TO TRANSFORM THE WAY INDIA WILL LIVE
- FAQ ON REAL ESTATE (REGULATION AND DEVELOPMENT) ACT, 2016
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS FOR STARTUPS
- GST REGISTRATION
- GST RETURNS FILING REQUIREMENTS FOR REGULAR TAXPAYERS
- MAJOR AMENDMENTS IN INCOME TAX APPLICABLE FOR ASSESSMENT YEAR2018-19:
- PROVISIONS RELATING TO PAYMENT OF ADVANCE TAX
- REQUIREMENT FOR OBTAINING PAN CARD U/S 139A OF IT ACT, 1961 EASED FOR CORPORATE ASSESSEES