- A Trademark generally refers to a “brand” or “logo”.
- Trademark registration can also be obtained for a business name, distinctive catch phrases, taglines or captions.
- It is also essential to obtain trademark registration for the business name/ trade name under the Trademarks Act.
- Trademark Registration is valid for ten years after ten years you have to renew the trademark.
- Preliminary Search
- Before applying for the registration of a trade mark, an applicant should conduct a search to findout whether the trademark can be registered or not and also whether there exists in the records a trademark which could be confused with the intended trade mark.
Search is not mandatory but is advisable for the following two reasons;
- Help one in determining whether the application has a chance for success, or
- Whether it would be a waste of time and money to try and register it in its present form.
Documents & Information Require
- Brand Name to be registered as Trade Mark
- Name of the Proprietorship/Firm/Company:
- Name of proprietor/Partner/Director (with father’s Name)
- Address of Registered Office of the Company/Firm:
- Since when the trade mark has been first used,
- Sent the Image file of your trademark (if it a logo, label or composite mark).
- Nationality of Proprietor/Partner/ Director:
- Details of goods/services for which trade mark is to be registered
(Logo must be in JPG Format and the size of IMAGE must be within 8 cm by 8 cm)
- Signed copy of Power of Attorney in TM-48 format for Agent Authorizations, to be printed on a Stamp Paper.