AREAS COVERED BY COPYRIGHT
- Artistic work - 'Artistic Work' means a painting, sculpture, a drawing, an engraving or photograph.
- Dramatic work - 'Dramatic Work' includes any piece for recitation, choreographic work or entertainment.
- Literary Work - The term 'Literary Work' refers to any literary writings, as well as computer programs, tables, compilations and computer databases.
- Musical work - 'Musical work' means a work consisting of music and includes any graphical notation of such work, but does not include any words or any action intended to be sung, spoken or performed with the music.
TERMS OF COPYRIGHT
- The normal term of a copyright is throughout the lifetime of the author plus 60 years from the beginning of the calendar year following the year in which the author dies. In case of joint authorship, the author who dies last will be considered.
REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURE
- Name, address and nationality of the applicant
- Name, address and nationality of the author of the work
- Title of the work
- A declaration signed by the author (if different from the applicant)
- Language of the work
- Whether the work is published or unpublished
- If the work is published, year and country of first publication and name, address and nationality of the publisher
- Year and countries of subsequent publications, if any
- Name, address and nationality of any other person authorized to assign or license the rights in the copyright
- Power of attorney for the firm
- Six hard copies of the work and three soft copies
- (For computer programs – 3 copies of the program on CD ROMs.)